Review: A Girl Like That

A Girl Like That A Girl Like That by Tanaz Bhathena
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A truly heartbreaking story about the life of an orphan girl.
Tanaz Bhathena has managed to capture the thoughts and the worries of an abused, rebellious teenager in Saudi Arabia who has her roots in India.
Zarin is a rebellious teenager in Saudi Arabia, one whose life was marred by the constant abuse by her aunt at home, and because of her roots, in her school as well.
The book gives a detailed description of the feelings of teenagers in gender-segregated surroundings. It gives us neverending questions about personality, what is right and what is wrong.
Most of all, it just makes us feel how very privileged we are.
I mean I'm writing a book review right now, which is pretty normal for me, but it is like a gift for a major part of the world.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts