How does music make you feel??

I've been listening to music for quite some time, and so I thought about how music manages to change our emotions.
When we're feeling a bit blue, if we start singing these sad songs, We'll probably end up a bumbling jumbling heap on the ground, while if we think about it when we're feeling all skippy, the kind of feeling that makes you feel that you could be walking on the clouds, we could hum a pleasant tune and feel so much better.
This has led me to think about why we can't seem to sing happy songs when we're sad.
The simple answer is we can't, and even if we somehow manage to do it, we end up thinking about the wonderful past and how we are miserable now and then we end up bawling our heads off all over again.

So, how does music make YOU feel??
Let us know in the comments......................


Comments

  1. It depends on the song. As a product of the 90's grunge scene, I am nostalgic over bands like Nirvana. Also a product of higher learning and self reflectiveness, I am often calmed by violin concertos by Bach or great piano pieces by Mozart. Songs like Don't Worry Be Happy or Piano Man can bring me up. I do want to comment on the song that means probably most in my life overall, Tom Petty's Don't Back Down. It's my life song and a great inspiring tune for me personally. Even childhood songs have a great impact on us and bring many differetn feelings or nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree that music can have a calming effect on you and Don't Back Down is quite an inspiring song.
      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts